Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Smoke smell! HELP!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member tallpkb's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2006
    Posts
    101
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I need some advise! I got one of those Hallmark burgundy canvas school notebooks as a gift for my daughter's friend. I didn't think to ask if it came from a smoke free home~and of course, the auction said nothing about that. So, the notebook arrives and smells to high heaven. I need some advise! I need it fresh smelling by Sunday!!! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member tallpkb's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 12th, 2006
    Posts
    101
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I tried a light coat of Fabreeze. Didn't work. I tried a sealed container with baking soda overnight. Didn't work. I think I'll do a heavier spray of Fabreeze, leave it outside all day. If that doesn't work, I'll get the pet store stuff. Thanks!

  3. #3
    Inactive Member cheergirlmisty22's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 10th, 2006
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by tallpkb:
    I tried a light coat of Fabreeze. Didn't work. I tried a sealed container with baking soda overnight. Didn't work. I think I'll do a heavier spray of Fabreeze, leave it outside all day. If that doesn't work, I'll get the pet store stuff. Thanks!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, what ever you do, good luck!!!
    You could also buy the ceadar/pine pet bedding and put it in between the pages, and set it outside?
    Just a thought
    [img]cool.gif[/img] .
    ~Misty~

  4. #4
    joelanddeborah
    Guest joelanddeborah's Avatar

    Post

    Can you spray Febreze on it and leave it outside somewhere until the weekend? I would just try Febreze on a little tiny inside spot first to make sure it doesn't leave a spot!

  5. #5
    T. Lynn
    Guest T. Lynn's Avatar

    Post

    You might want to get Natures Miracle...sold at a pet store.

    This is a neutralizer and good for getting pet urine smells out of carpet or furniture. It also states that it can be used for other household smells.

    This is the best stuff ever. I use it on my curtains, furniture, etc...to get any kind of smell out.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member muppetquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 19th, 2006
    Posts
    341
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    You might try putting it in a sealed container with one of the fridge/freezer boxes of baking soda. Maybe it would absorb the smell?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •